1/13/2012

MG GAT-X105E Lukas's Strike E + IWSP - WIP Part 2

Happy New 2012 Year!!! I've been utilising the past 2 weeks of my semester break to do as much as I can on my projects, not to mention the hot & dry weather helped a lot too. ^^
I've finished applying decals and topcoat on both shoulder armours and arms. =)

Shoulder armours:

*Front-facing: left piece is right shoulder armour and vice versa. I screwed up a bit on the letter 'E' on the GAT-X105E decal =(. I'll leave it as a sign of battle damage. The GAT-X105E decal is dry transfer decal given in the kit, while the Lukas's signature dog(or wolf) emblem is waterslide decal by Samueldecal.

*Back-facing: I applied O.M.N.I. emblem waterslide decal from Samueldecal on the backside of the right shoulder armour. However it seems less pronounce than I expected because it was silver instead of gray. Even a coat of flat topcoat, as suggested by Samueldecal, didn't make it turns to gray. Guess I just have to live with it. Decal on the backside of left shoulder armour is similar with front side left shoulder armour.

Arms:
*Only colour some silver with Artline silver marker on the shoulder joint frame, other than that all are plastic colours. Used a combination of dry transfer, stickers & waterslide decals, all following the manual original decal location. With exception added a warning decal salvaged from Bandai MG Strike Freedom waterslide decal on the elbow.


I've done some weathering on the head & torso, using Gundam Real Touch Marker GM406 Black. My first intention was to create shading effect as done by airbrush painting, however it didn't turn out quite well so I switched to weathering instead.

Here's with the shoulder armours & arms weathered and attached to the main body:


I also coloured the inner frame of the shoulder armours in silver, and I forgot to snap a photo of them before attaching to the main body =X. It was a hassle to detach it again so I just went ahead and took this photo, haha

That's all the completed parts I've done on this kit. I've applied decals on the legs and gloss topcoated them, but the weather just have to turn bad on me and I can't flat topcoat them =(. I'm also working on my MG Strike Freedom, stay tune for a WIP post of it and a third WIP post of this kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment